- $450 - $530 USD
The minimum qualifications and experience required for each Chief Mate are:
1. Possess all valid flag state (and coastal state as applicable) credentials required by law for service as Chief Mate on the route and class of vessel appointed to (examples: Merchant Mariners Credential, TWIC Card, Medical Certificate, Radio Operator Licenses etc.).
2. A Valid Driver’s License.
3. A valid passport is highly preferred.
4. Possess a valid riggers certification from a recognized issuing authority.
5. A valid unlimited DPO certificate from a recognized issuing authority is highly preferred.
6. Ability to read and write English as well as render, understand, and react, to commands given in English.
7. Minimum two years’ experience on DP-2 class vessels of similar size, route and industrial mission in a position not lower than 3rd Mate. Six months as Chief Mate is preferred
Hitch is a 28/14 day rotation (or projected to be 243 days worked per year) to commence on or about 11/1/2016.
Pay range for this position is $450 - $530 USD per day dependent upon vessel class, experience, licensing, and time within the industry.
Based on these day rate ranges and rotation the projected annual compensation would be in the range of $110,000 to $129,000 USD